Monday, May 4, 2009

Grandma and Garden Post

This past weekend Mom Jackman came to visit. It was such a blast. Although we didn't do much but enjoy Bailey and chat, we sure had a wonderful time. Bailey was a little hesitant at first with Grandma but by the end of her visit Bailey was chatting, playing, and even cuddling with Grandma. She bought a pool for Bailey and Bailey loved it. Also, Dave and Mom went to the farmer's Market and bought some of the most amazing mangos I have ever tasted. Bailey apparently loved them too. We decided to give her the seed so she could suck out the juice, goodness, she LOVED it.

Our Garden continues to grow. I had no idea that lettuce grew up! Anyway, we are planning to harvest the lettuce this week so the squash and ressurrected cucumbers can grow. We have a few green beans and several tomatoes. It is so neat to have a garden.


Mom's birthday is this month and since we will miss celebrating with her, we thought we would have a little party. Our friends came over and Susan actually had a recent birthday as well, so double the fun! We also had Key lim pie Blue Bell ice cream. If you ever find it in the store, buy it because it is so good.

We had to use a regular diaper for this and although you may not be able to really tell, the diaper weighed about 5 pounds. It was full of water and you can kind of see an extremely pudgy back side and tummy. It was too cute to pass up taking a picture. I was crying from laughing so hard and poor Bailey just wanted to get out.
If you notice, the pink ring on the pool is not inflated...well Mom tried to blow it up and couldn't so we left it this way. Then Dave came home and in about 1 minute had it blown up. Honey, thanks for the lungs of steel!



5 comments:

McKenzie said...

How fun you got to have your mom come visit! I LOVE your mom!! Bailey is getting cuter and cuter every post!
I'm very impressed with your garden... I'm going to have to get some pointers when we do that!

Dave and Sherri said...

CUTE PICTURES!!! Mom said you guys had SO much fun - and the weather was NICE!!! I have to come down again so I can feel the good weather :) I'm glad she was able to come see you. Bailey is SO SO cute! I can't wait until next month to see you again.

Chris and Beth Will said...

Very cute. I can't wait to be able to get out our little pool......maybe someday.

Your garden looks great. I can't wait to be able to plant our garden......maybe someday. Hum, the joys of wyoming.

We should all go swimming in AZ- bring your suits! And water diapers! ;)

Mindy Greene said...

What fun! Sherri told me that your mom came to visit! What fun! I wish that we could have a day where its warm enough to pull out the pool!

I cant believe how much Bailey looks like you! She is growing up so fast and looks so cute! Does she have red hair?

Becca J said...

Oh my goodness! I love the pool pictures! Bailey's little bathing suit and bonnet hat is SO CUTE!

PS - Nate and I were talking about the pictures and we (mostly him because he knows better) thinks that Bailey looks like all of the girls as babies in your family. Isn't that a great thing?? FOR SURE!