Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Rainy days in Houston

I thought I would post these pictures because I thought it was crazy. On Monday night, we had an incredible thunder storm. Apparently we got 6 inches of rain in one night. If you look at the pile of leaves strategically left in a line, that is how high the water level was. Our neighbor said he looked out at 3:30am and there was a raging river running down our street. I am so grateful for our safety and that Bailey didn't even wake up at all. Needless to say, I was awake from about 2:30am-5:00am with the loud thunder. Maybe she didn't wake up because of the book , Oh, The Wonderful sounds Mr. Brown can do. He makes thunder BOOM, BOOM, BOOM :). A children's book comes to the rescue again!
One thing is the rain has sure made it nice and green here!
Just for fun!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow!! That is a lot of water. We didn't get quite that much water here, but pretty close. At least my kid's school district wasn't closed like Cy-fair was. I was up with Cody for almost 2 hours when he woke up because of the thunder.

I, too, love how green it is getting around here. I just wish it wasn't getting so darn HOT!

Chris and Beth Will said...

I heard about all the rain down there on the news. We haven't had any rain, so I am watering the lawn today. Do you even have to water the lawn ever?

Dave and Sherri said...

Holy cow! That's some rain - maybe it's doing that because mom is coming this week... Maybe it will become a tradition :) I"m glad you guys were okay! Love the picture of sweet Bailey too - what an angel!

Becca J said...

I'm loving the green... cute picture of Bailey - she's a "gangsta" :)