Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pool, Patio, Personal Progress, and an Amazing Husband

There has been a lot going on this week. Bailey had her first pool party! It was a lot of fun. Although the girls only stayed in the pool for a few minutes, they had a good time. Sadly, they wanted to eat the pool more than play with the water. It is nice to have friends nearby.



We have been wanting patio furniture since we moved into this house. It has been on our wish list and finally we were able to save up and buy some. It will be so nice to be able to do more outside!

I have set a goal to not buy any bread and just make my own. Well, so far so good. However, I have been trying to make this new type of bread for months. Out of nothing more than sheer determination, I have stuck with it. Dave likes the bread I used to make and suggests since it is easier and just as good to stick with it. I guess my pride gets to me. Anyhow, I feel like this last batch is probably the best yet (at least on the outside, I haven't had a piece yet!). It is a whole wheat bread that doesn't taste like whole wheat and is light and fluffy (when made right.) If you are interested in trying it go to http://www.kneadfulthingsnow.com/ and look under the recipes for yeast breads. It is a little more work but I think it tastes good. Since I am in Young Women's and can work on Personal Progress again, I thought this would be a perfect project for that! I am all about developing my talents, and sharing them too :).
Today!
My attempt a few weeks ago!

For Mother's Day, Dave and Bailey were so sweet. They made me a homemade card, which I couldn't wish for anything better. Dave even got Bailey to write a little something in it. Also, they got me a beautiful flower to wear to church Sunday. Bailey loved it :). We celebrated the day with no meetings and a Sunday afternoon walk which I have been wanting to do for months but with our busy schedules have not been able to. Then to close off the evening we enjoyed chocolate dipped strawberries and some fun games. I am such a lucky girl. I have such a wonderful family. Also thank you to our Mothers who are such a good influence and example and amazing Grandmothers. Bailey is a lucky girl!

If you look closely on the left you can see Bailey's note to Mom. How cute is that.

And why not a picture of our cutie!

2 comments:

Dave and Sherri said...

SO CUTE!!! I love the patio furnature too. What a fun thing to have! I'm SO glad you had a good mother's day too - you totally deserve to be spoiled! Your bread looks divine!!! I can't wait to have you show me how to make your "hard" kind when you come here next month!

thepainterfamily said...

Congrats on the bread progress!

That is something I would love to learn to do. You (and Jill too) have peaked my interest and made my mouth water with your bread photos!