Monday, August 3, 2009

Utah visit and the HEAT

Bailey and I had a surprise visit to Utah this last week. Brian was going through the temple for the first time and Dave was gracious enough to let us go...thanks honey! We got there Wednesday night and flew home Saturday night. Quick trip, but we sure had fun. I think it was a miracle because on the way there, the only available seat in the plane was first class and the seat next to us happened to be empty (SCORE!). Then on the way home, the entire plane was full except for the seat next to us. I was most grateful for that seeing as we were back in coach and Bailey had to eat dinner on the plane. As you see in the pictures, it would have been quite difficult to feed her with someone next to us. I think they would have also been covered in sweet potatoes!

First Class for the first (and probably last) time


She didn't sleep at all on the way home even though we got home at 10pm. She was this happy the ENTIRE flight. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful baby.

We were able to go to Thanksgiving Point and see the animals and Bailey even rode a horse for the first time. She loved it, a Texan (or Wyoming :)) Cowgirl at heart! Bailey also was able to enjoy a cool wade in the water feature with Grandma. She loved most of it!






Thank you for a wonderful trip to the temple. It was incredible to have so much of the family there. We did miss the Daves and Hezz! Thanks for the wonderful week.


An update on Houston: Guess what...it is HOT!! It is so hot that when Dave mows the lawn he has to find any way to keep the sweat from dripping in his eyes! Thank goodness he is an engineer. I love ya babe.

2 comments:

Dave and Sherri said...

It was so fantastic to have you here Jules! I never feel like I get enough of you or Bailey! It will be fun to have all of you here in a few weeks to play! Chlo is thrilled you're going to be here for her birthday.
Dave is quite inventive - no wonder they pay him the big bucks :)

Mindy Greene said...

I was so excited to hear that you were able to come to the great event and I know Sherri was soooo excited to see you and Bailey! I am just sad that I didn't!! Maybe next time! :)