Friday, November 20, 2009

Motherhood

While starting yet another load of laundry and finishing the dinner and breakfast dishes at about 3 in the afternoon, I realized that mother's have the most important and the most incredible job in the world even with the monotony of what we do. The other day I was filling up the tub for Bailey to take a bath and I went back into her room to find her reading stories next to her book box. Bailey has started loving to brush her own teeth, has learned what the comb does for her hair, learned to sign a few words, and has started to cover her mouth when she coughs (even if they are fake)! There is such power and fulfillment watching children learn things that we teach them. What a blessing Bailey is to me to show me the incredible blessings I have in my life. Motherhood is such a blessing.

6 comments:

thepainterfamily said...

oh! Thanks for this today! I love it, and needed the reminder as i stare at my WRECK of a house! :)

Dave and Sherri said...

You are a spectacular mom! Thanks for being such an example to me! You're the best :) Love ya!

Lora said...

Amen to tara's comment. Ms Julie I really needed this today. It's so true that we have such an important job! I think I forget when my paycheck doesn't come in the form of money!

Becca J said...

What a little proper girl to cover her mouth! Now her mom just needs to teach her how to burp ;).

Can't wait to experience these joys you blog about someday.

Chris and Beth Will said...

I often have to remind myself how important it is when the monotony is overwelming me.
Bailey is at a great age where she is learning so much. I love the age between about 1 and 2 1/2 so much!

Rachel said...

So true and you're a great mommy I'm sure! What a little cutie too!