Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Good week

This week has been fun for us. First off, we planted a garden. You can tell we do not live in Utah or Wyoming :)! Who would have thought Feb. 28th to be such a good day to plant a garden. We are hoping for more tomatoes this year and are trying out lettuce, peppers, and cucumbers. Sadly, in the picture we have already managed to kill our cucumbers from lack of water oops, so we will try those again today.



Also, Bailey had her first taste of rice cereal the other day. She did much better than we thought she would. There is definately a learning curve but she is doing well. The video is kind of long and more for the grandparents' sakes! Life is good here in Houston.




Bailey likes to do things with her hands. She was even grabbing the umbilical cord in the womb :). I guess that hasn't changed.

6 comments:

Dave and Sherri said...

Are you kidding me?? She is SO SO SO cute! You guys did a great job. It looks like she's super excited to start eating solids. Good luck! :)

Chris and Beth Will said...

I am jealous of your garden. Nothing has even thought about turning green yet, and it won't for months. Although, we did have record highs yesterday! 57degrees.
That is great that Bailey is starting food.

Lora said...

Julie I am so excited I found your blog I have been meaning to ask if you have on! Bailey is growing like crazy! I'm so sad our babies aren't going to be babies for too much longer!

Stefanie said...

Your garden looks great. Here is AZ, we planted in the middle of January. It looks a lot greener in Texas:)

thepainterfamily said...

Oh! I love your garden. That might be what I miss the most from our house. Not that we had a crazy big one, but it is fun to give it a go. Its looking good...I hope you post pics of your harvest! :)

mikeandash said...

Your garden looks great! So does the shower. You guys have been busy.