Thursday, January 22, 2009

Exciting things happening in Houston

We have had a busy few weeks and some exciting things. We have decided to start decorating our master bedroom, so we decided to add an accent wall. It took several coats and sadly when we finally got the tape off, some of the 3 coats of red and one coat of primer came off. Needless to say, we understand the value of spending a little extra money to get the good stuff. Anyway, we are excited about the color and look forward to more decoration adventures.

We also got a piano this last week. Our Jackman parents sent us their 30+ year old piano which is perfect for us. Dave has already played Love at Home for Bailey, a request from her grandparents. She seems enthralled by the piano and we are so grateful and excited for the opportunities we will now have with a piano in the home. Thanks Mom and Dad.


I have a favor for any reading this that may have ideas, in the piano picture you can see some shelves above the piano. I am not all that great at decorating yet and could use some ideas as to what classy things I could put on those shelves. Any ideas, send them this way. Also, we seem to be having a hard time with Bailey and tummy time, as is evidenced by the clips, any advice there would be helpful as well.

Primer Coat


Final Coat (Before tape removal)


9 comments:

Kathryn said...

Bailey is a doll! It's so fun to see these pictures of her and the two of you. Of course I am very happy that you got a piano - and I think it's only now sinking in to me that you've moved past the Brown College dorm/Rice volleyball/always-studying-math phase of your life and you are a full-fledged, busy, happy MOM! Love ya Jules!

Kirsten said...

good job decorating. I think the Red is so cute. I'm not a good decorator either, so sometimes it keeps me from doing anything! Good luck! I think from the pictures I've seen you've done a great job so far.
Bailey's so cute. I think some kids love their tummies and other's hate it. You always have her dressed in the cutest little clothes. Love the hat!

Chris and Beth Will said...

Your piano looks great! That makes me think we should get our piano up here, but how? That is the question. I love that you have already painted. We need to re=paint our accent wall, and haven't still. Yours looks great.
Bailey's tummy time seems fine. Babies necks just get tired after a while, so they put their face down. She seems to be doing great.

Becca J said...

Nate and I just looked at your blog.. in class... we are so sneaky lol :) Bailey sure is cute in that video! WEll, she is always cute, but especially in that video.

Sharon said...

I'm so jealous that you have a piano! Actually, I'm jealous that you have some space to put a piano. I really don't have any decorating ideas. We've lived here 2 1/2 years and I have very little up on the walls.
Bailey is so cute and that hat is great! Sometimes tummy time is hard and you just have to do it. :-(

thepainterfamily said...

ohhhh...she's getting so big, and SO SO CUTE! what a little doll!

the bedroom looks great! and the piano! What an awesome addition! I think they make a "home"!

katie said...

i'm a little bored at work today and remembered your question about tummy time. we have a brochure that we give out about tummy time and here's some things it suggests

- place her on a colorful blanket with different textures to feel
- give her a back massage with gentle strokes form neck to feet
- hold your hand behind her feet so she can push off (she may not be quite old enough for this)
- talk to her to keep her attention or to get her to turn her head to follow your voice
- put toys just out of reach to motivate her to move forward
- put out a mirror to encourage her to lift her head to look.

that was long, i know. like beth said, her head will get tired sometimes. its normal for them to lay down to rest a little.
hope that helps. give bailey a big hug from her favorite aunt for me :)

katie said...

one more idea....have her do tummy time laying on you. its more distracting and fun to have your face to look at than the floor.

mikeandash said...

Bailey is beautiful!
Painting adventures, how fun! I have sworn off painting every time I do it, but end up trying it again. Good job!